The National Library of Australia is modernising the Cataloguing in Publication (CiP) service to provide a more efficient user experience, including faster delivery of prepublication information to libraries.
What will stay the same?
- The National Library will continue to share prepublication catalogue records in MARC format via Libraries Australia
- National Library staff will continue to upgrade prepublication catalogue records to full cataloguing standards upon receipt of the Legal Deposit copy.
What will change?
- Prepublication catalogue records will be automatically generated from publisher metadata, and uploaded to Libraries Australia within 24 hours.
- Publishers will be able to select their own subjects from a short list of Thema subjects.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and authority work will now be completed upon receipt of the Legal Deposit copy.
- CiP entries currently printed in books will be replaced with a cataloguing statement:
These changes are currently scheduled for Monday 28 August 2017
I have more questions – who should I contact?
For more information about these changes, contact us on (02) 6262 1785 or email@example.com