We offer talks and workshops to help researchers understand and access our collections and services, whether it is for personal, professional or academic purposes. Sessions are free but require registration to attend, as they are often booked out.
Our sessions cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- orientation and getting started at the Library
- using microform readers
- accessing online collections
- using the online discovery service Trove
We also offer a range of sessions related to family history research, which include:
- finding families : an introduction to resources at the Library
- Trove for family history
- searching passenger lists
- finding newspapers
If you would like to suggest a topic for our Learning Program or enquire about a group booking or a custom program, please submit an enquiry through Ask a Librarian.